Subject: European Regional Consultation on the WHO Global Strategy on the Economics of Health for All
From: "BROWN, Christine Elisabeth" <[email-masked]>
To: "BROWN, Christine Elisabeth" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "EH4A-Secretariat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2025 12:34:41 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Colleagues,

During the Seventy-Seventh World Health Assembly, Member States unanimously 
adopted the 2024 WHO Resolution on the Economics of Health for All (EHfA) 
(A77/A/CONF./2), which was sponsored by more than 20% of WHO Europe Member 
States. The resolution urges WHO “to support and strengthen the capacity of 
national health authorities … to better engage and negotiate with finance 
and other sectors, towards an economics of health for all in national 
policies” enhancing well-being and health equity outcomes for current and 
future generations.

The GSEHfA aims to transform how health is valued, measured, produced, and 
distributed across economies. It promotes coordinated actions across all 
sectors and levels of government to develop and implement economic and 
health policies that mutually strengthen each other while minimizing 
bi-directional harm. The global strategy recognizes the importance of 
accounting for the economic and health context in different countries for 
its effective uptake and implementation.

The World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office for Europe is organizing 
a regional consultation for the European Region to discuss the draft global 
strategy (enclosed).

This consultation aims to gather inputs from regional stakeholders to refine 
the current strategy and ensure it addresses the unique challenges and 
opportunities within the European context, a concept note of the 
consultation is attached.

Consultation process:

The consultation will begin with a webinar on 6 June 2025 to present the 
GSEHfA, providing an overview of its vision, guiding principles, and 
strategic directions, followed by an opportunity for questions and answers. 
A programme for the webinar is attached.

Language: The working language will be English with direct interpretation in 
Russian.

A Russian language version of the draft strategy document and of the 
feedback form will follow.

Date: Friday 06 June 2025

Time: 11:15 – 12:30 pm (CET)

Venue: Virtually using Zoom at the following link: 
https://who.zoom.us/j/98135188912
Meeting ID: 981 3518 8912
Passcode: WHOVen-25

After the webinar, the following link will be active for provision of 
feedback on the strategy until 15 June 2025: 
<https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/0196f728f6c075c1a9310605363c5e5e> 
https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/0196f728f6c075c1a9310605363c5e5e

Participation needed:

Identified focal points in all WHO European member states in a position to 
provide technical guidance and support incorporating EHfA in national 
policies.

Looking forward to working together.

Best regards,

Chris

Chris Brown

Head

WHO European Office for Investment for Health and Development

Venice, Italy

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

+39 3475382758